March 4, 2011

Pierce

In every party or gathering or whatever, there's always that one (or two) person that steps up to me and asks;

"Did it hurt when you got yourself pierced?" - and they would look at my side lip piercing in horror. 
Dude, I gotta be honest with you, it didn't hurt at all. Mind you, the fascination of piercing differs from one person to another. So I'd really appreciate it, if you don't go onto my face mocking or even insulting the idea of it. It's very offending you know.

  You see, I have always been fascinated by piercings & tattoos since I was a miniature rebel and I've set my head on getting myself pierced or tattooed once I left school. At first, I was worrying a lot, "What if I bleed and shet?", "What if it turns out wrong and I get infected?", "What would mom and dad say?", but then I managed to shove my feelings to the side. Well done to my "Fuck It!" attitude.
My side lip piercing. 
  I first got my side lip piercing on 1st May 2009 (I can still remember the date!) and I was working as a travel agent during that time. I've been working for 2 months or so, and I've been saving up for that piercing of mine. I found a highly reasonable tattoo & piercing shop back at Sungei Wang Plaza and I quickly became friends with the guy who did my lip piercing, Ronny. He explained to me what he was going to do, assuring me that there will be no blood shed when I got myself pierced. And damn sure, he was RIGHT.
  I paid RM 100 for it, and it's worth it. Why? Because they keep their promises. I had to sign some kind of contract thing or whatever it was, saying that I can come back if there were some problems with my healing. Once I've paid and he'd explained all kinds of expectations to me, he went on with the piercing. Again, I repeat, it hardly ever hurt. I was literally waiting for the pain to come, but it didn't. Imagine that!
  It took about 5-8 minutes to finish once I've sat my ass down on the cool awsome tattoo chair and rinsed my mouth. Of course there are things that I have to avoid to encourage my healing to speed up. I have to say, it was hard to get used to the labret on my side lip because the bridge/stud itself get caught on my teeth. So it took some time for me to get used to it.

Here's a video on how they do the piercing, just in case you were wondering. But the video below only suggests half of the idea of how Ronny pierced me. I guess he was just full of skill. Jyeahhhh RONNY!



  Currently, I'm discussing and working on a tattoo design with Ronny's colleague and I'm sure to have it done once I've got the cash to do it. But I might have to say goodbye to my piercing though, I've a deal with my boyfriend and it might get in the way for my future job. For now, I'm just going to lay back and give a standing ovation to this girl. She did her own piercing. Cool shindig girl! I wouldn't have the balls to do it myself.


And just in case you guys were interested in body art (Tattoo & Piercing), you should come to Ronny's place. He's a friendly and reasonable guy. Trust me, I know. 
Call Ronny if you're interested @ +6012 629 2090.

Spec Body Art                               
Lot S048, 2nd Floor
Sungei Wang Plaza
Jalan Bukit Bintang
55100 Kuala Lumpur
West Malaysia

10 Monsters backstash:

Anonymous said...

I'm crazy about this whole piercing thingy and tattoo too! For me tattoo is a beautiful art. It's amazing. I love tattoo but I'm sure I can't do it. My parents, even Amirul will kill me. Hahaha. What kind of tattoo that you're planning to do?

Mia L. said...

:) haha. Why didnt you pierce yourself then? ahah. Is it NOT allowed? or apa? I faham about the whole tattoo idea though. Eventhough Ji's trying to persuade me about not continuing the whole tattoo thing, I just think that it's just something that I had to do for myself. hehe.
Because yeah, tattoo is art. And I love art. Hee.

Emm? the design? oh. It's stated in my blog. http://mialovelet91.blogspot.com/2010/10/departure.html that one.
In memory of Anna. :) It's gonna be my awsomest memorial tattoo yet (eventhough i wont be having anymore tattoo's done after this, I hope la). It's gonna be Anna on top of a cherry blossom tree, my favorite tree of all.

Anonymous said...

Ahh about piercing, I dah banyak kali pierce and tk reti nak jaga so it's end up tertutup -.- I've pierced my lobes five times I think or maybe more and also tragus piercing twice. Semua tertutup because I tak jaga elok-elok. Hehh.

Oh how sweet! Awesomee. You nak buat tattoo tu dekat mana? About Ji, well, he has his own reasons why and you pun mesti faham right :)

Mia L. said...

ahhh. I see. HAHA.
sendiri buatkah? waaa.. haha.
well, blame the natural way of the body to tutup everything yang terdedah. hahaha.

:) aww. haha. thank you. I want it on my back shoulder. somewhere on the left or right. heee. emm? ofcourse. I do know what his reasons were an I do respect that. ahah. and I always will respect his opinion. ahah.

Anonymous said...

I blame my isi. Every time I luka dia macam cepat baik so same goes to piercing. I tak pakai earrings for a week dah tak boleh cucuk balik. Ceit. Hahaha.

Ahhh nice! :) Ji loves you, that's why he doesn't want you to have it :) Anyway, I shouldn't say much. Haha. If you're happy with it then go with it ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh and noooooo. I will never do it myself. Tak berani laahh. Haha.

Mia L. said...

HAHAHA.
omg. u pun healer meh? hahaha.
dayum. :) guess we're in the same page. HIGH 5! for healing quickly! haha.

emm? well, yeah. thanks. I might as well. ahah. I've thought very hard masak sampai hangus dah. hahaha. and yeah, it's just something I had to do. I vowed & promised, and shall I have it. hehe.

ohh.. damn. tahu takpe. nak menggeletar kot kalao buat sendiri. hahahaha. wadefak.

Hanis Manis said...

i have 5 piercing so far. *campur telinga sekali sebab bila campur akan nampak banyak* hihi. 3 on right ear, one on left and one more dekat lidah. :)

but hey, i'm a good girl. ;)

Mia L. said...

HAHAHA. :)
niceee, if thats the case, then I have 3. 1 on each ear, and the side labret on my lip. HAHA.

Cheers babe! ;)

Hanis Manis said...

heeeee. cheers!