March 2, 2011

Faint

Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. 
Can you feel that? My hands are now cold & worn out.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.
I feel my heart going faster. There seemed to be some pressure on my chest.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.


"Where's everybody going? Why are they pouncing on me? Why can't I hear a thing? Why can't I feel the ground? Where's ...."

And the whole world went black for her.

If you would only listen, to that almost inaudible sound.
You would hear your name being called.
Listen, listen. Don't put your hands on your ears.
Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.
Invisible, almost. And yet it lies underneath the skin.
Our pacemaker. Our life support.
So listen, to what life calls you by. Be it a name, a calling, or your destiny.
You have, you must, you shall, listen.

Look at me. Tell me, what do you see?
Doubt, it shows in my eyes whenever I gaze at the sight of myself on a mirror.
I am indeed, older by the hour.
Experiencing almost nothing for as long as I've lived.
Finishing no goals as such.
I am, I might, just be the rejected one.
A big disaster. The uttermost painful poison.
Darling, what do you see when you look at me?
I never was beautiful. I never was kind enough.

Speak to me. Tell me things that worries you.
Tell me things that would flatter me.
Speak to my ears, sing to them.
Brighten my once dark and gullible soul.
Caress me, from the tip of my hair, to the tip of my toe.
Kiss me, like you will never see me again.
Keep me warm as if it was the time of the Ice Age.
Love me keep loving me.
Finally, I know have a glimpse of what I'm living for. 

0 Monsters backstash: