I sat on the sofa.
Staring at the device which shouts out your messages.
It never talked.
I thought of calling you. I just didn't have the guts to do so.
Your last message had an impact on me.
Now, I miss you.
Later, I'll be needing you.
I picked up my mp3.
listened to it.
a moment later, tears fell down my cheeks.
I bowed my head.
My hair covering my face like I was one of those things that bump in the night.
My palms went to my eyes.
Fingers wiping away my tears.
"I'm sorry.. I just can't make you happy."
And that very night, I cried myself to sleep.
Imagining things that could have been better.
The better days of us both.
Where I find myself rapped around your arms.
Wet and cold, you hold my hands.
Your warm hands and me on the beach.
watching the sunset..
the breeze hits our faces.
blowing our hair.
My hands are still with yours.
Awaking from my imaginations. I wipe off my tears.
Realizing the whole truth.
Delightful Repast - 16th Blogiversary
5 months ago
0 Monsters backstash:
Post a Comment