Click, click, click. A white noise followed.A tiny little petal of flame came to life.Touching the lips of the rolled up tobacco leaves.I took a puff and beautiful abstracts of smoke came out from my mouth.The wind danced with the blender of air and smoke as I watch it being blown away.They are one, now.
I didn’t know losing a friend would have side effects. I
haven’t spoken a word to her in 2 years. So much has changed. Sometimes
I feel like cradling myself in a dark corner, shutting the whole world
out of my system. It's a wrecking act, this self-quarantine thing. I used to make
quotes that friends will back you up for life, but now I doubt that. Which is
why I came to understand why my parents keep telling me that friends will not
be there forever, they are just not built that way. I’d hate to say and admit
it, but they’re right. I remember
walking out of school and strangers from my school would come up to me and say
hi. Just because they knew me, and highly likely that she’s walking with me.
Those moments where I have no worries because I thought back then “She’s here.
She’ll always be here.”
“You’d be the first to get on my Volkswagen Beetle 1942
Classic.” I told her with glee while we look up the bare sky with the moon
shining on our dark hair, legs out her window, burning cigarette in each of our
hands. That could come true, that could be true again. Only if I let it. But I
reckon things will ever be the same. Having treated like a used toy, picked up
only when she felt like playing. Maybe that’s just her. Another side of her I
never was aware about. She treated me like how these useless, vain men had
treated her. I’m glad I never got that Beetle 1942 Classic. It would have been
awkward to have her in my own car judging from the circumstances now. Looking
at how broken we both are. I would like
to ask her, “Are you truly happy with your life? Without me?”. Because it would
be noble enough not to cause storm on the other side of the country.
There’s only a handful of mates that still kept in touch
with me since our high school glory years. And they are mostly men. I guess it’s
a sexist statement to say that women are such two-faced assholes when it comes
to friendship. I’ve witnessed and felt it on my own. But then again, men are
also in the same dilemma.
So to that, I want to fix the wrong. Like all these wise
bastards have said, forgive and forget. I’ve to remind myself to be as noble as
I can, because deep in me I know I can never resist my own principals.
I only hope my demons don’t get the best of me.
0 Monsters backstash:
Post a Comment